Something NEW at the Pointe Academy are our Ballet themed parties for children ages 3-8yrs. A typical party will include a fun filled dance class experience taught by one of our professional dance educators and will run for approximately 45 minutes. (Plenty of time for the young ones) We all know how young kids love to play “dress up” so a costume will be provided by us from our costume collection to add to the fun and excitement. The kids get to pick their own but the costumes are to be returned at the conclusion of the party.
A guest artist from the Pointe Academy Dance Ensemble will assist with the party and perform a short dance piece for the kids.
An overview of what to expect at your event:
- Time will be set aside so each party guest can have his or her picture taken with the guest artist and receive a complimentary 4×6 keepsake photo.
- Ice cream, cake, decorations etc. and of course presents for the birthday child are to be provided by the client but we will provide tables and chairs.
- We recommend that your guest list not exceed 15 kids.
- We will do all the cleaning up and provide trash receptacles.
- It is true that the parties are geared toward the young girls but boys are welcome and we will make sure they are not overlooked or made to feel out a place. They make great kings and princes.
- We prefer at least two weeks notice before scheduling an event as studio time is limited. Saturdays after 3:00 pm and Sundays all day are very good times. Week days also work well because most of our classes are after school. The 3 and 4 year olds who are not in school yet may find these time advantageous.
- We will work with each client to tailor an event just for you. If you have an idea, share it with us and we will try to make it work. Be creative that’s how we like it. The goal is really to provide a safe, spacious place for kids to get together and have some fun. The structured part helps get the party rolling ( as if kids really needed much help) and create a unique experience by introducing them to dance.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to participate. We do have a comfortable waiting area just outside the dance studio if you prefer not to be right in the thick of things. Kids love to make noise so be warned. We love it when kids discover the joy of movement. Who knows maybe your child is destined for greatness on the ballet stage.
Cost starts at $125 for a two hour event. Structured time from our staff will be approximately 1 hour. The remainder of the time is yours to do as you wish. We don’t accept credit cards and require payment at least 24 hours prior to the event. We think you will find us to be easy to work with. Hassle free is good!
We look forward to hearing from you,